We welcome groups of 4 to 8 to help HERO in a variety of ways!
- Suggested minimum age: 16
- Suggested group size: 4 to 8
- Suggested session time: 1 to 2 hours
- All volunteers must read and sign the Volunteer Information Form
- Volunteer groups may help during store hours (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm). Tuesdays nights are also available.
- Groups must call in advance to schedule work sessions
Groups with minors
- An adult sponsor must accompany a group with four or more individuals under the age of 18
- Minors will need signed consent from a parent or guardian
- Organize your team before contacting HERO
- Provide HERO with the number of team members, dates available and contact information
- Remember that your team is responsible for providing its own transportation and refreshments
- Warehouse activity can be messy, so please dress accordingly
- Be prepared to clean up after your group or project
Why you’re needed…
HERO has a small staff and the reason we can provide so many with the large amount of healthcare supplies we give out is because of the dedication of our volunteers.
HERO volunteers are compassionate and know the difference they’re making in the lives of the people we serve both locally and globally.
The first time a group volunteers, we have a brief orientation to explain why we’re needed, how we began, and we’ll share stories of people we’ve been able to help because of the work our volunteers do. You are needed and you make a difference.